Monday, April 16, 2012

Rainy Blessings

Oh, life is good in the garden! We have been receiving some nice rain over the course of the last couple days.  And we have been fortunate enough to not have any of the severe storms and possible tornadoes that they were predicting. 

Now the weeds will be easier to pull out of the ground in anticipation of planting the more sensitive plants. Even though this spring has been extremely mild, I am not going to put things like tomatoes and peppers into the garden until after Mother's Day, or maybe even mid-May, as that is our latest frost date. They are doing well inside the house, and should be ready to go into their garden home by then. Call me chicken for not taking the chance, or call me a true Minnesotan, I just don't want the plants that I nurtured so long to be damaged by my own foolishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment